Join us for our Virtual Service every Sunday on Zoom. The Service will start at 10:30 AM. Use the link below to join in.
[the password is uufoc (all lower-case)
It has been a while since we have met together in Fellowship so this would be a good opportunity to connect and check in with everyone to see how we are all doing. We will be showing a video sermon by Rev. Lavanhar and Rev. Pearson from All Souls in Tulsa, OK where they will be helping us trying to make sense out of this pandemic and how to adjust accordingly. We will be sharing our joys, sorrows and offer advice for those who are in need of comfort during this difficult time. We will carry the flame together and keep on going through this.
If you have any questions, please email dee at email@example.com or call 575-491-8889. Dee will be more than happy to help you connect.
Even though we are not meeting at the physical church, our bills continue. We need everyone to donate as they are able in order to maintain the building. I am setting up a PayPal link
or you may mail your contributions to UUFOC 1010 16th St, Alamogordo NM 88310.
Thank You for your generosity.
Shari Adkisson, Treasurer
On June 3, 2018 we celebrated the dedication and grand opening of our new UU Spiritual Learning Center! The theme was ‘A Midsummer Knight’s Dream & Fairy Party!’
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
To encourage individual spiritual growth within a fellowship of caring and diverse individuals and to provide a presence in our community that promotes tolerance and respect.
Unitarian Universalist congregations affirm and promote seven Principles, which we hold as strong values and moral guides. We live out these Principles within a “living tradition” of wisdom and spirituality, drawn from sources as diverse as science, poetry, scripture, and personal experience.
As Rev. Barbara Wells ten Hove explains, “The Principles are not dogma or doctrine, but rather a guide for those of us who choose to join and participate in Unitarian Universalist religious communities.”
- 1st Principle: The inherent worth and dignity of every person;
- 2nd Principle: Justice, equity and compassion in human relations;
- 3rd Principle: Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregations;
- 4th Principle: A free and responsible search for truth and meaning;
- 5th Principle: The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregations and in society at large;
- 6th Principle: The goal of world community with peace, liberty, and justice for all;
- 7th Principle: Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part.
Visit www.uua.org for more information